Fife Cultural Trust takes your privacy very seriously, and we ensure we comply with data protection legislation at all times when processing your personal information. We are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Fife Cultural Trust collects and processes your personal data, including any data you may provide to us from time to time.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our practices, please contact AccessRequest@onfife.com
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information that is provided by you digitally, verbally and in written form when you: (i) buy tickets or book for our events or workshops; (ii) complete forms on our website or in person; (iii) make donations; (iv) register to be kept up to date with our events or provide your personal information in any other form.
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following personal information about you:
- Identity Data: includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data: includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Financial Data: includes bank account and payment card detail;
- Transaction Data: includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products, tickets and services you have purchased from us;
- Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our website, products and services and your attendance at shows and events.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preference.
Why we need this information about you
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
Our Use of Your Personal Data
We use your information:
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to help us with understanding more about how our website and services are used;
- to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
It is your choice whether you receive information such as marketing from us. If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about Fife Cultural Trust’s activities, we will send you communications either electronically or by post. In addition, we may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to ICT.FCT@onfife.com
Also, all of our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you have submitted via our contact form.
Sharing your information
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the policy or for purposes approved by you, including to suppliers who provide our marketing, financial, ticketing services (including PatronBase) and services.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA.
How long we keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information as long as is necessary to fulfil our obligations to you after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
You have the right at any time to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party; and
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at AccessRequest@onfife.com
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limited access to your data to those employees, agents, contractors and third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
If you are purchasing your tickets through PatronBase online, our booking pages are encrypted to a high standard meaning that your information is secure and protected against loss or misuse.
Our website may contain links to external websites managed and maintained by external companies. We are not responsible content or privacy practices within these sites.
If you experience any kind of problems when using our website or services, or have any other feedback we’ll be glad to hear from you. Please contact us at www.youtellus.co.uk
Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to AccessRequest@onfife.com